**** Due to weather, we are postponing the Coronado ride until Sunday. We will leave Lofty at La Costa, to pick up any LSD riders at 8am and then meet up at Cadence, to roll from there at 8:20am. ****
The Coronado ride is a yearly tradition we’re happy to bring back, and we are looking forward to the long, flat miles. You have two options for a start location. Either way, we take the ferry back across to the Convention Center. If you time it just right, you might be able to pick up a cup of coffee at the ferry landing.
Shorter Route: Start at Torrey Pines glider port
Meet at the corner of Torrey Pines Scenic Drive and North Torrey Pines Rd. We estimate B group will roll by around 8:40 AM, with C and D a few minutes after. Don’t be late!
Street parking is available on Torrey Pines Scenic Dr. Last we checked, there were port-a-potties at the glider port dirt parking lot.
⛴ Important FERRY Ticket Information ⛴
- Tickets are $8
- We recommend purchasing tickets in advance online. Click HERE to buy online.
- Tickets are good any day, any time, no matter what date they are purchased.
- Tickets may also be purchased at the ticket booth or self-service machines when you arrive.
- Daily departures every half hour, at 10 minutes past the hour and 40 minutes past the hour.
- This is a ride for road bikes only (no aero, e- or mountain bikes).
- We regroup at key points, but these are not no-drop rides. If you cannot keep the minimum pace for the group you are with, you can ride with the group behind you.
- These are the average speeds you can expect to see on our Saturday rides:
B group 18+ mph
C group 16-18 mph
D group 14-16 mph