The Coronado ride is a yearly tradition we’re happy to bring back, and we are looking forward to the long, flat miles. You have two options for a start location. Either way, we take the ferry back across to the Convention Center. If you time it just right, you might be able to pick up a cup of coffee at the ferry landing.
Full Route: Start at Bird Rock Coffee Encinitas
We roll at 8 AM sharp. Bird Rock Coffee is located at 947 S Coast Hwy 101 Suite D101, Encinitas, CA 92024. We’ll gather at the south side of the coffee shop for pre-ride coffee and bananas provided by Bird Rock and pastries provided by Swami’s. Before and after the ride, Swami’s members receive a 15% discount on beverages and pastries.
There is plenty of parking on the streets west of Coast Hwy.
Shorter Route: Start at Torrey Pines glider port
Meet at the corner of Torrey Pines Scenic Drive and North Torrey Pines Rd. We estimate B group will roll by around 8:40 AM, with C and D a few minutes after. Don’t be late!
Street parking is available on Torrey Pines Scenic Dr. Last we checked, there were port-a-potties at the glider port dirt parking lot.
⛴ Important FERRY Ticket Information ⛴
- Tickets are $7
- We recommend purchasing tickets in advance online. Click HERE to buy online.
- Tickets are good any day, any time, no matter what date they are purchased.
- Tickets may also be purchased at the ticket booth or self-service machines when you arrive.
- Daily departures every half hour, at 10 minutes past the hour and 40 minutes past the hour.
- This is a ride for road bikes only (no aero, e- or mountain bikes).
- We regroup at key points, but these are not no-drop rides. If you cannot keep the minimum pace for the group you are with, you can ride with the group behind you.
- These are the average speeds you can expect to see on our Saturday rides:
B group 18+ mph
C group 16-18 mph
D group 14-16 mph