This Saturday, we go back to our Del Mar Mesa Loop. This is a fun route with beautiful views of Del Mar and the coast, with a loop through 4S Ranch. We return to the coast with a couple more short climbs, via newly repaved Rancho Santa Fe Farms and Sun Valley. The rest stop is the Mobile station when we exit the bike path at Camino Del Sur.
The route is 41 miles/2,900′
Arrive a few minutes early to enjoy coffee and snacks generously provided by Revolution Bike Shop. Parking is available nearby: CVS parking lot, Sierra Ave. and the Solana Beach train station (There is a 2-hour limit for parking on PCH).
- Helmets are required. We obey all traffic laws.
- This is a ride for road bikes only (no aero, e- or mountain bikes).
We regroup at key points, but these are not no-drop rides. If you cannot keep the minimum pace for the group you are with, you can ride with the group behind you.
- Please have the route loaded onto your GPS device or know the course.
- Bring fluids and snacks (suggestion: two full water bottles minimum and snacks), bicycle tube and a CO2 cartridge
- These are the average speeds you can expect to see on our Saturday rides:
C group 16-18 mph
D group 14-16 mph
E group 12-15 mph